Friday, May 9, 2008

Bearing Good News

Friday has arrived and you find me in a good mood. My day has been close to perfection so far from the moment that consciousness wrestled me from sleep. I''m telling you, it's been that good.

In no particular order, let's review the events leading up to this perfectly wonderful end of the week.

  1. The rent house is ours!
    After five days of worry and trepidation Melissa and I got word yesterday that the house we wanted to rent will be our home away from home for the next twelve months as we tear down and then build our dream home Wildwood. The rent house is amazing; even the hopelessly amateurish photos the realtor took can not fail to make this house look good. On top of that we've worked out a deal where we will be reimbursed for any plants we buy for the garden, which is currently a blank canvas, and we're getting a new range on the island in the kitchen. I can not wait to have guests over to the house for gatherings.

  2. Barak Obama has taken the super delegate lead!
    With the defection of a former Hillary super delegate and a new endorsement Obama takes the lead in super delegates by two. Now my main man Barry has the popular vote lead, the pledged delegate lead and the super delegate lead. Of course, these three metrics will still probably not be enough to get Hillary to drop out of the race. She seems to judge the race by a criteria that consists of moving the goalposts every time that Barry takes on another win. In addition to all this, the final numbers in Indiana show that Hillary won the state by less than an percentage point and many are pointing to right-wing sycophant Rush Limbaugh's Operation Chaos as responsible for seven percent of Hillary's support. Does it feel nice to win because of the actions of Rush Limbaugh Hillary?

  3. Happy hour tonight!
    Tonight after work I am heading south to Galveston Island to join Melissa at her office happy hour. We're going to a bar that I used to do stand-up in, but it looks like it is under new ownership now (which I feel will be a good thing). The happy hour theme will be karaoke and I love me some karaoke. Tomorrow morning I'll probably be hoarse from belting out such ditty's as 'Old Time Rock-n-Roll' by Bob Seger and 'Proud Mary' by CCR.

  4. Art car parade tomorrow!
    The best parade in the entire northern hemisphere is happening tomorrow. Melissa and I are joining a contingent of Bulgarians, friends and family to enjoy the parade. The tradition of mocking corporate art cars like the McDonald's shoe car and it's ilk will be continued. Usually this is my Mother's choice for the family Mother's Day gathering, but this year my parent's are trekking back from California and will not be able to make it. Melissa and I will do our best to maintain the gourmet levels of cheese and wine at the event and Chelsea will be attending with her boyfriend. Last year I got to meet George Clinton at the parade too!




  5. This Blog is a week old!
    I should probably start telling people about it. For the past week I've been dropping hints to Melissa that I'm blogging. I've helped her to add AdSense ads to her site and her Google Reader shared items too, but none of this has spurred her to ask how I've become so familiar with the new features of Blogger. Heck, I even told her the name of this blog again, but no bites on these hints.

    The main reason that I haven't told her about this until now is that I wanted to have some entries for her to read, so Melissa, when you get to this point in this post, surprise!

  6. I had a wonderful morning!
    Seriously folks, there's nothing better than waking up next to the person you love. A close second, which I discovered this morning, is having a fresh Desert Gallery oatmeal raisin cookie before you shower.

1 comments:

Melissa MacGregor said...

You ate the oatmeal raisin cookie from Dessert Gallery?
curses!

Baby ~ I am SO completely tickled that you started this blog and surprised me with it. It's perfect and I love it. You write so well!