Friday, May 2, 2008

Hello Internets, it's been a while

Please excuse me as I stretch my fingers and try to tap into that vein of creativity that used to flow unimpeded from my fingers. The last time I posted to a blog of my own was about 18 months ago, and even then my posting was sporadic at best. That's an odd thing from someone who used to scribe a thousand words a day in blogs gone past. But times change and people change. The aspects of my life that drove me to blogging under an assumed name for a two year period are now distant in the rear view mirror of my mind.

Things are better now. The dark clouds have shed their rains and hurled their lightening bolts at my sanity and I came out happy. At least, happier than I was before.

My last blog was so focused on the radical changes in my life that once things settled down a bit I just didn't have the drive to commit myself to blogging. It was as if I wanted a period of simplicity in my life where I didn't have to analyze each new event in a post. The simplicity was a welcome thing; it always is after a period of confusion and changes.

This new urge to blog has been growing steadily since my girlfriend started her own blog a few months ago. Seeing her make time to post to a blog brought back memories of stories I told and the feeling that having a blog gave me. Slowly the urge grew and the good memories started to crowd out the bad.

To be honest, I've been kicking around ideas for a new blog ever since the last post on my old blog. I've always enjoyed sharing my thoughts online and while I needed a break, I also knew I would eventually return to blogging.

I can't say that my new blog will feature a daily thousand words again; I suspect that most posts will be far shorter. I can't say that this blog will be as interesting as my former haunts either. What I can say is that I want to branch out and not just talk about what is going on in my life. I want to talk about what is going on in the world in general. I want to share my thoughts on movies and music and books and current events. I want to wax poetic and find metaphors to illustrate similes.

I want to blog again.

Gentle reader, I have returned.

1 comments:

A friend of Bill W. said...

Welcome back old friend! As in days gone by I have enjoyed reading your thoughts and I hope you will find insight & pleasure in my blog thoughts as well...

You were an inspiration and a model I would often think of as I began my journey here in the fibers of the internet...a new chapter of life unfolds with every key stroke....

Blessings and smiles to you my dear friend!

~Shugrr